Alongi Law Firm, PLLC

Serving With Skill And Compassion

December 2019 Archives

Divorce may alter a person's retirement plans

Marital dissolution will almost always require division (or some other solution) for retirement assets. Furthermore, if the plan (such as a 401k) falls under a particular federal law ('ERISA'), you will likely need a special, extra order called a "qualified domestic relations order" ('QDRO'). The QDRO will allow funds to be transferred without either individual incurring financial penalties. Not all plans require this level of attention, but many do.

Where will your family pet go after a divorce?

Over the course of your marriage, you and your ex probably collected several shared assets. So, when your marriage ends, part of the divorce process is determining which items you share and which items belong solely to you. And when it comes to family pets, it can be difficult to determine who gets to keep them.

Email Us For A Response

Tell Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Alongi Law Firm, PLLC | 10265 W Camelback Road | Camelback Office Park, Suite 125 | Phoenix, AZ 85037 | Phone: 480-751-1610 | Map & Directions