Interstate And International Cases
It is rare that a person stays in one city for his or her entire life. Some people may move for educational or work opportunities, while others may move simply to find a fresh start. It is not uncommon for people to move across the country for the right challenge. If these moves cause the end of a relationship, it can lead to serious problems if the couple shares minor children.
At Alongi Law Firm, PLLC, we have helped many people caught in these complex situations. We will take the time to carefully examine your situation to determine exactly what we must be done to avoid complications in other states or countries. Tom Alongi is well-known for his experience litigating interstate custody and international family law matters, including petitions brought under the Hague Convention governing international child abductions.
Understanding How The Law Applies In Your Case
Our first objective is to find out exactly what is happening with your custody matter. We will review your situation to determine if any orders were issued in other states or countries that could have an impact upon your case. We then will take the appropriate steps to ensure that your rights are protected throughout the process.
Issues we have helped our clients with in these cases include:
- Examining the couple’s background to determine if there are existing custody orders that must be enforced
- Appearing in Arizona courts on behalf of clients living elsewhere
- Coordinating with attorneys in different states to achieve the proper result for a shared client
- Helping a parent obtain permission to move to a different state or country with his or her children
- Using the Hague Convention protocols to return children kidnapped into the U.S. across an international border or wrongfully moved from their rightful home in the U.S. into a foreign country
The very nature of these cases means that they can be extremely emotional for all parties involved. It is our goal to provide you with the skilled assistance you need to help you find the right resolution to your claims. We are strong advocates for our clients, and we will not back down when your case gets challenging.
Schedule Your Free 30-Minute Phone Consultation
We will help you learn more about your options. Please call our Phoenix office at 480-751-1610 or send us an email using our contact form. We will help you understand the steps that you need to take to solve your custody dispute.